INSIDE CITY HALL
City Hall Staff
Administrator / Clerk - Treasurer
Utility Billing/AP Clerk
City Hall would like to welcome you to our community! The City of Ada is a great place to call home. Located 45 minutes from Fargo, it provides a rural lifestyle while within commuting distance of many large employers and Minnesota Lake Country. In addition to the community's majestic location in the Red River Valley and vibrant agricultural economy, Ada has a rapidly growing industrial base, dynamic industrial parks, first class amenities and superbly performing schools. We are proud to work for the wonderful people of Ada and provide highly responsive services to our community. Below you will find a few of the services offered by City Hall.
The City Administrator, Clerk-Treasurer’s Office is responsible for overall management of city operations. The Administrator manages several utilities such as electricity, water and sewer, Parks and Recreation, Public Works, the Police and Fire Stations and the Liquor Store/ Bar. In addition, City Administration is responsible for facilitating discussion and synchronizing action among the city's economic development entities and non-profit organizations in order to realize the most effective and integrated approach to ensuring that Ada maintains its high quality of life and friendly climate for businesses.
The City Administrator, Clerk-Treasurer’s Office is the financial office for the City of Ada; this includes oversight of roughly $5 million per year . This office is responsible for the promotion, security and preservation of the financial assets and interests of the City. This office also provides budget and operations analysis as requested for all city departments, and performs the staff function relative to budget planning, development, forecasting and maintenance. This office issues and manages the debt program to service the needs and functions of the City. In addition, City Hall:
- Handles elections, candidacy filing, and issuance of certain licenses and permits, such as liquor licenses, pet licenses, and building permits among others.
- Processes and retains interments and parcel ownerships for the Ada Cemetery.
- Handles information requests and record keeping of the Ada City Council’s meetings and actions.
- Audits, accounts, and records accounting and payroll transactions in accordance with the City Charter, City Code, and Governmental Accounting and Financial Reporting Standards. This office is responsible for processing payroll, processing vendor payments, grant reporting, and monitoring internal controls over City assets, contracts and records.
- Performs the materials requisition and procurement functions for the City. The emphasis is placed on value purchasing and encompasses purchasing the highest quality materials and services at the lowest possible cost.
- Calculates and files required State and Federal taxes and manages other tax collection records.
- Collects charges in conjunction with the disposal of household waste within the City of Ada. This office processes required taxes and fees in relation to utility services in accordance with the State of Minnesota.
The City of Ada offers a couple different ways for you to pay your utility bill electronically. You can use ACH or or go to our webstore. (http://cityofada.revtrak.net/tek9.asp?pg=default&sess=45c5f034ef6f887ada66606dd3a90966)
We would like to once again welcome you to Ada, Minnesota!